- Treatments & Services
- Our Consultants & Specialists
- Our Hospital
- Patient Information
- Funding Your Treatment
- GP & Referrers Zone
- Contact Us
What is an MRI Scan? Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) uses a strong magnet, radio waves and a computer to produce highly detailed images of many parts of the body, including bones, the spine, pelvis, blood vessels, ligaments, cartilage and nerves, and organs such as the brain and heart.
Our expert in-house medical team will carry out your MRI scan adhering to approved and safe procedures. And, following your MRI scan, our Consultant Radiologist will report your results quickly and with inclusion of any recommendations where you might need further treatment or investigation.
Patients booking an MRI scan with us are either self-pay, using private health insurance where their cover includes the scan or they’ve been referred by an employer who provides health screening for staff or new-starts.
With MRI scanning, our patients are typically seeking reassurance about their health, say upon reaching a life milestone, or bypassing long waiting times for NHS services to investigate a health concern.
Private patients (for MRI scanning) can self-refer or be referred via an appointment with their GP.
ScanPlus, from £995/person, is our most in-depth Health assessment, and includes the following:
Assessment time with our specialists:
• 30 – 40 minutes with our Nurse
• 30 minutes with our Private GP
• 90 minutes with our imaging team for your MRI
• 30 minutes with the cardiologist for those who choose ScanPlus-Cardio
• Health Questionnaire and Full Medical examination
• Height, Weight, BMI, Height: Waist Ratio
• Body Composition
• Peak Flow and Oxygen Sats
• Spirometry if abnormal Peak Flow
• Pulse and Blood Pressure
• Resting ECG
• QRisk assessment for heart disease and diabetes
• Full Blood Count
• Lipids including Cholesterol
• Liver function
• Kidney function,
• Blood glucose (finger prick test) HbA1c if abnormal
• Thyroid function
• PSA (Prostate Cancer Screening) or Ca125 (Ovarian Cancer Screening)
For more on ScanPlus click here
It doesn’t matter if you are visiting The Edinburgh Clinic’s Radiology service for a Body & Torso MRI, Respiratory check, Full Body CT Scan, Cardio or Heart Health Check, our aim is to provide first-class independent healthcare for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
To read more about our Radiology and Health Screening services click here