Dr Helen Harris
QualificationsMB BCh BAO ECFMG MRCPI MD
- Member of Royal College of Physicians Ireland
- Medical Defence Union
- Scottish Society Rheumatology
- British Society Rheumatology
- Invited guest East of Scotland Pain meetings
- Use of ultrasound of the joint to detect early arthritis.
- International guidelines used for management of all types of inflammatory arthritis.
- Assessment, monitoring and management of patients with autoimmune diseases.
- Diagnosis and management of osteoporosis using FRAX and NOGG assessment tools.
Training & background:
- 1984 – 1989 Medical School – Trinity College, Dublin
- 1989 – 1992 Post Graduate Medical Rotations – Louth, Waterford and Dublin Hospitals
- 1992 – 1994 Registrar Training – Mater Hospital, James Connolly Hospital Dublin
- 1994 – 1996 Research Fellowship – Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, USA
- 1996 – 1997 Clinical Fellowship – Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, USA
- 1997 – 2001 Rheumatology Lecturer – Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
- 2001 – 2019 Rheumatology Consultant – NHS Fife
- 2005 – present Honorary Senior Lecturer – St Andrew’s University
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment