Dr Helen Harris
QualificationsMB BCh BAO ECFMG MRCPI MD
Main NHS base:
- Member of Royal College of Physicians Ireland
- Medical Defence Union
- Scottish Society Rheumatology
- British Society Rheumatology
- Invited guest East of Scotland Pain meetings
Use of ultrasound of the joint to detect early arthritis.
International guidelines used for management of all types of inflammatory arthritis.
Assessment, monitoring and management of patients with autoimmune diseases.
Diagnosis and management of osteoporosis using FRAX and NOGG assessment tools.
Training & background:
- 1984 – 1989 Medical School – Trinity College, Dublin
- 1989 – 1992 Post Graduate Medical Rotations – Louth, Waterford and Dublin Hospitals
- 1992 – 1994 Registrar Training – Mater Hospital, James Connolly Hospital Dublin
- 1994 – 1996 Research Fellowship – Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, USA
- 1996 – 1997 Clinical Fellowship – Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, USA
- 1997 – 2001 Rheumatology Lecturer – Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
- 2001 – present Rheumatology consultant – NHS Fife
- 2005 – present Honorary Senior Lecturer – St Andrew’s University
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment