- Enquiry Form
- About Us
- Patient Information
- Medical Specialists
- Contact Us
- Primary Care
Edinburgh's Orthopaedic and Sport Injuries Clinic.
Joint solutions is a unique, fully integrated orthopaedic, sports medicine and injury rehabilitation service.
Our combination of experienced senior specialists and state-of-the-art medical technology allow us to diagnose the cause of your problem and agree a treatment plan in a 'one-stop' appointment.
Painful joints, muscles and bones can have many causes including injury, overuse or wear and tear, and making the right diagnosis is the key to getting the right treatment. We are a small group of experienced senior doctors and physiotherapists with specialist expertise in getting people back to activity and health. Our ethos is to work together to identify your problem, and then work in collaboration with you to find a joint solution, whether this means surgery, injections, physiotherapy or focussed exercise training.
Who are we?
Why Joint Solutions?
We believe that we are unique in Scotland in offering a fully integrated orthopaedic, sports medicine and injury rehabilitation service. We know that you are busy, and time is valuable, and so we aim to provide a ‘one stop’ clinic where we will work together to diagnose the cause of your problem and plan your treatment. Nowhere else will you find this crucial combination of experienced senior specialists and state-of-the-art medical technology in one place and in one appointment.
What do I get for the fee?
• An initial consultation and examination with a sports physician or orthopaedic surgeon (or both), (25 minutes)
• A 1 part MRI scan (if required*)
• A follow-up appointment to discuss your diagnosis and the treatment plan (15 minutes)
• An initial physiotherapy consultation if required
• The opportunity to make an appointment for your definitive treatment.
What treatment options might be recommended?
Following your initial Joint Solutions consultation, we might recommend further treatment (which you would need to pay for separately). This might include:
- Arthroscopic (keyhole)
- Soft tissue procedures
- Open (joint replacement)
• Sports medicine treatment
- Exercise prescription
- Injections, including steroids or hylauronate joint lubricant
- Ultrasound or shock-wave treatment
- Health promotion
- DEXA scans
- PRP injections
- Full body assessment to identify predisposing factors
- Range of treatment techniques and modalities
- Pre +Post operative rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation training and reconditioning
- Individualised exercise programmes
- Yoga-based rehabilitation
• Further review
Fee: From £545
Call us on: 0131 447 2340