ScanPlus – our most extensive health assessment
What is ScanPlus?
Through just one appointment with our GP, you can be reassured that you’re in good health by getting quick and easy access to a wide range of general and specialist health screening services.
During this assessment you will spend:
- 30 -40 minutes with our nurse
- 30 minutes with our private GP
- 90 minutes with our imaging team for your MRI
- 30 minutes with the cardiologist for those who choose ScanPlus-Cardio
What does ScanPlus include?
- Health questionnaire and full medical examination
- Height, weight, BMI, height:waist ratio
- Body composition
- Peak flow and oxygen sats
- Spirometry if abnormal peak flow
- Pulse and blood pressure
- Resting ECG
- QRisk assessment for heart disease and diabetes
- Full blood count
- Lipids including cholesterol
- Liver function
- Kidney function,
- Blood glucose (finger prick test) HbA1c if abnormal
- Thyroid function
- PSA (Prostate Cancer Screening) or Ca125 (Ovarian Cancer Screening)
External Genitalia or Breast examination
- For Men: IPSS questionnaire (assesses prostate function)
Head and Torso MRI includes:
- MRI brain and MRI abdomen and pelvis
- The limbs are not included as this is a screening test. If you have particular concerns regarding a problem area please discuss when you book as this Scan may not be the best test for you.
How much does ScanPlus cost?
ScanPlus – Cardio £1,570
This package includes all the ScanPlus content plus:
- An ECG – if not indicated above
- An Echocardiogram and consultation with one of our Consultant Cardiologists
Why should I choose ScanPlus-Cardio?
The cardio package allows a full assessment of the structure and function of the heart.
What happens next?
- Booking an appointment:
- The MRI machine can only accommodate one person at a time therefore it is useful for you to give us as much availability as possible
- We will coordinate with imaging, the doctor, the nursing team and the cardiologist if ScanPlus-Cardio is selected, and confirm your appointment slot within two working days. You can chose to have a one stop or split appointment
- You will be emailed a questionnaire to be completed prior to attending your appointment. Please complete this as fully as possible.
When do I get my results?
- MRI results will be reported by our Consultant Radiologist
- Blood results will be reviewed by our Private GP
- Any significantly abnormal results will be phoned to the patient to allow discussion and advice on further action
- All other patients will receive a fully comprehensive report within 15 working days including a CD copy of your images.
- Once you have received your results you can book a 15 minute face to face or telephone consultation with our Private GP to discuss your report in more detail (for an additional £100 charge).
What is something is found during my medical or in my results?
- Our Private GP is able to arrange further investigation or assessment by one of our many specialist Consultants following discussion.
- If you prefer we can send the information to your GP for them to arrange further assessment.
Is it safe?
- An MRI scanner makes use of magnetic fields instead of X-rays and current research shows MRI scanning is safe, making it ideal for whole body imaging.
- MRI is not suitable for imaging hollow organs such as stomach intestines and bladder and will not include the limbs as it is a screening examination – if you have concerns regarding these areas please feel free to discuss this when making your appointment.
- Screening provides only a snapshot of your current health status, but cannot always predict future illness. We cannot guarantee the identification of every illness.
- It is important therefore to undertake regular health screening and to report any new, changing or persisting symptoms to your own GP for further assessment.
These can be arranged for the same time as your Scan Plus assessment (subject to availability) or arranged for a different day
A scan to assess your bone density and to check for Osteoporosis. £175 for ScanPlus patients (normally £245).
Please check our MRI safety checklist & CT safety checklist to ensure you are able to be scanned.