- Treatments & Services
- Our Consultants & Specialists
- Our Hospital
- Patient Information
- Funding Your Treatment
- GP & Referrers Zone
- Contact Us
The Edinburgh Clinic offers a one-stop service for Australia visa medicals. All of the required components of the examination, including blood tests, panel doctor consultation, and X-ray, can be carried out here.
We aim to offer a fast and convenient service for foreign visa medicals to Australia and try to provide appointments to suit your needs. If you’re in a hurry, appointments with our designated visa practitioners can often be available at short notice or, if there’s no urgency, you can schedule your appointment well in advance.
Situated on Colinton Road, near Edinburgh’s leafy Polwarth, Morningside and Merchiston areas, The Edinburgh Clinic is within easy reach of the City Centre and offers free on-site parking for ease of access and on-street metered parking nearby. From Edinburgh Airport we are roughly twenty minutes by car or taxi. Waverley and Haymarket train stations are a short taxi ride from the Clinic. Lothian Buses serve the area well via Edinburgh City Centre and surrounding areas, visit www.lothianbuses.com for details.
Appointments with our panel doctors for medicals and X-rays can be made by telephoning 0131 446 2570. When calling, please have the following details ready:
1. Your client identifier, known as a HAP ID or Health Request. These identifiers allow us to access your case in eMedical.
2. GP Details for each of the attendees.
3. Next of kin details for each of the attendees
Please complete the following by accessing your eMedical case online using your HAP ID.
• Your medical history
• Consent to using eMedical
• Answer any additional questions that are listed
• Download and print your referral letter
If you have not yet lodged your visa application, you can use My Health Declaration to complete your medical history online.
1. A valid passport – without this we are unable to proceed with the medical
2. A ‘Health Examination Referral Letter’
3. Any prescription glasses or contact lenses that you may wear
4. Where you have a known medical condition, any existing specialist reports
5. Previous chest X-rays (if applicable)
• We advise that you thoroughly check the medical requirements of your visa application. We are unable to act in an advisory capacity.
• As part of the health examination a blood test may be carried out.
• A urine sample may also be required, so you should drink plenty of water in advance of your appointment.
• Women should avoid booking an appointment during menstruation as this may taint the sample.
• Additional blood or urine tests may be required, depending on your intended activities in Australian or if abnormal findings are detected during the examination. These tests will incur an extra fee.
• A cancellation fee of £75 will apply if an appointment is cancelled within 3 working days. If you cancel your appointment on the day or you fail to attend, you will incur the full cost of the medical.
|Full Adult Medical (15+)||Adult Healthcare Medical||Junior Medical||Mini Medical||Senior Medical||X-Ray only||Pregnant|