For assistance call us on: 0131 447 2340 Email us
- About Us
- Patient Information
- Medical Specialists
- Contact Us
- Primary care
The Edinburgh Clinic offers a one-stop service for New Zealand visa medicals. All of the required components of the examination, including panel doctor consultation, blood tests and X-ray, can be carried out at the hospital.
We offer a fast and convenient service for New Zealand visa medicals. If you’re in a hurry, appointments with our designated visa practitioners can often be available at short notice or, if there’s no urgency, you can schedule your appointment in advance.
Situated on Colinton Road, near Edinburgh’s leafy Polwarth, Morningside and Merchiston areas, The Edinburgh Clinic is within easy reach of the City Centre and offers free on-site parking for ease of access and on-street metered parking nearby. From Edinburgh Airport we are roughly twenty minutes by car or taxi. Waverley and Haymarket train stations are a short taxi ride from the Clinic. Lothian Buses serve the area well via Edinburgh City Centre and surrounding areas, visit www.lothianbuses.com for details.
When calling, please have you name, date of birth, contact details for each of the attendees. You also need to know the type of medical examination you need. The type of visa you need is determined by a number of factors, including nature of occupation, length of stay and partner status. For New Zealand, this will be either:
1. General medical
2. Limitied medical
There is no simple way to determine which is appropriate for you so we advise you to contact your visa advisor or the Immigration New Zealand website to ascertain which type of medical you require.
1. A valid passport – without this we are unable to proceed with the medical
2. Consent form and eMedical questionnaire for online system (which you will have been sent after booking your examination)
3. Medcial history questionnaire (which you will have been sent after booking your examination)
4. Any prescription glasses or contact lenses that you may wear
5. Where you have a known medical condition, any existing specialist reports
6. Previous chest X-rays (if applicable)
• We advise that you thoroughly check the medical requirements of your visa application. We are unable to act in an advisory capacity.
• As part of the health examination a blood test may be carried out.
• A urine sample may also be required, so you should drink plenty of water in advance of your appointment.
• Women should avoid booking an appointment during menstruation as this may taint the sample. If you do attend during this time, it is likely that blood will be present in your urine test and that you will have to come back at a future date to have your urine re-checked.
• Additional blood or urine tests may be required, depending on your intended activities in New Zealand or if abnormal findings are detected during the examination. These tests will incur an extra fee.
• A cancellation fee of £75 will apply if an appointment is cancelled within 3 working days. If you cancel your appointment on the day or you fail to attend, you will incur the full cost of the medical.
|Full Adult Medical||Adult Limited Medical||Junior Medical||Mini Medical||X-Ray only|